The results? By the end of this month, I will have trained 191 people. And, my customer satisfaction index (how much they liked the training)? Well, it's 98%. But more interesting is that 97% felt that they would put what they learnt into use immediately. The other 3%? They had undertaken personal development and were looking to use the skills soon.
But what is even more important to me is that in amongst all that work I have still found time to take two days out to undertake some personal and professional development by completing 'Advanced Skills in the Development and Management of Training' accreditated by the Institute of leadership & Management.
Now how good is that? If I expect the people that I work with to keep an eye on their own development then I should lead by example and do the same.
Some years ago I undertook a counselling qualification from the Cipd. On the back of the certificate it stated that the qualification was only valid if proof of ongoing personal and professional development was shown.
Training and qualifications are only useful if you can prove that you have put into practice what you have learnt and are using it.